Sunday, January 30, 2011

I've got a new attitude

That is putting it MILDLY. As most of you know, I was in a near fatal car wreck exactly 1 week ago today. I remember everything about it. I swerved to miss a car that darted out in front of me at the very last second and I ended up rolling my car 3 or 4 times (4 according to the state patrol). NO SEATBELT. I am religous about my seatbelt, but not that day. I ended up laying across the thrid row seats, in the back, my feet hanging out of what used to be the back hatch window. It's a miracle that I am alive for sure, and to boot I have not one broken or cracked bone in my body. Simply God's grace.

Needless to say, I am sore. I won't be able to cut hair much for now, so I have decided to start baking. REAL baking. Cakes and cupcakes to be exact. I've talked my Granny Hicks into passing down her "secret recipes" to me and I am excited! She's been cooking her special cakes for close to 40 years or so and now I am going to keep it going. I'm going to start out pretty simple, just making the basic 10 for now. I may get into specialty cakes later, but for now I'm sticking to the standbys. These are the favorites I will make, either in Cake form ( 2 layer and 3 layer both round) or in Cupcake form (half dozen or dozen,  or a two dozen variety)

-Strawberry

-Coconut

-Chocolate

-Red Velvet

-Italian Cream

-Butterfinger Poundcake

-Fresh Apple

-German Chocolate

-Carrot

-Classic Yellow (Icing flavors vary)

Everything about them is homemade, down to the butter. My Granny still churns her own butter, and so will I. I will be starting out slow, but hope to grow little by little. I will post pictures of them as I make them. Email me if you have any questions or orders. I can take credit cards through Paypal also. Pray for me girls, I'm gonna be up to my knees in kids and Crisco here!


klm

3 comments:

Lindsey Brackett

Want to give me some tips on making red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing for Amelia's birthday?

The Slow One

I didn't know about your wreck. That is so scary! I'm glad you are okay!
Strawberry cake is my fave. You're making my mouth water. :)

AYoung

Yay! Sounds great! I will call you soon with an order! Good luck with your new business venture!

our daily bread   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP